A beta version of Apple’s next major release has been tested for some time now and is expected to be released in the near future.
There are a number of security issues that Apple doesn’t disclose prior to the conclusion of an investigation and providing patches to address them.
An Apple operating system update can be applied across all Apple device OS versions using a single update. This is due to the fact that all of Apple’s operating systems share a lot of identical code bases and functionality.
Many fixes that have been released so far are in response to the issue of attackers, apps, or users granting unauthorized permission to them. Every operating system has been patched for several vulnerabilities that have been identified.
Consequently, it’s expected that the following minor, cumulative updates will be the last ones. So, as a summary of all Apple’s release notes, the following is a list of all the notes posted for each version of Apple’s products:-
- Safari 15.6: Available for macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina.
- watchOS 8.7: Available for Apple Watch Series 3 and later.
- Security Update 2022-005 Catalina: Available for macOS Catalina.
- macOS Big Sur 11.6.8: Available for macOS Big Sur.
- macOS Monterey 12.5: Available for macOS Monterey.
- tvOS 15.6: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD.
- iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation).
Due to the fact that these updates contain quite a few security updates, they do not have a large number of features. Almost all operating systems seem to have vulnerabilities that need to be patched by these updates.
Here below we have mentioned all the vulnerabilities that are fixed with these latest security updates:-
There are some vulnerabilities in Apple products that are actively exploited in the wild, and Apple discloses them if they are exploited. It is rare for users to be concerned about specific fixes applied to updates that have been released.
There are a number of bug fixes contained within these updates, so it is strongly recommended that you install these updates as soon as possible in your Apple devices.
How to Update?
Following are the steps that need to be followed by iPhone and iPad users in order to download the iOS 15.6 or iPad OS 15.6:-
- Go to Settings.
- Then tap on General.
- Now tap on Software Update.
- That’s it.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to download macOS 12.5:-
- Go to the Apple Menu.
- Then go to System Preferences.
- Now you have to select Software Update.
- That’s it.
You can follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook for daily Cybersecurity updates.